I am working with Jeff Jouppi on design, and Walter Punsapi is my go to guy for HTML/CSS genius.
- Automate backup – WordPress files and db content
- Move content from drewk.net over (not much there really)
- Check old linux machine for anything else worth saving – find out how much electricity it was using
- Get the Portfolio Navigation worked out
- Tighten up the design aspects
- Fill out the portfolio list
- Bonus – HTML5 version of Inverted Pendulum
- Should probably have used a http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
What WordPress tools are available? We need both the DB and the WordPress directory – and anything like Apache config.
Trying Backup Scheduler plugin. Seems to have a zip format my mac does not get. .cpgz I think. Ok, unzip from the cmd line works fine if one cats the files and zip -FF the result. Or, adjust the backup settings so that the backup will fit in a single file.
Longer term, I think I want git or svn available for changes. But for now I am pretty happy with Backup Scheduler.
Move content from drewk.net
Certainly I have backups and so on, but it is so long ago that I’ve updated some of the content it is not committed to near term memory. Therefore, I’ll look over the site and move what suites me, especially any artwork that I might like to reuse.
I have more links and files and images than I realized. The Inverted Pendulum page particularly.
What about the Fish – which page is that on?
Look at http://drewk.net/projects/ – I have listing turned on so I can see a number of projects that never made my portfolio.
I might have to go in and over this stuff file by file.
I like the -> next and <- previous navigation for the blog posts. I’d like something similar for the portfolio.
The site is based on WordPress.
Other examples to look at:
Fix the menu for Portfolio – done
Now – I think I want a tag for portfolio, and all posts that are portfolio posts to appear under that tag. And, posts that have that tag need the next/prev links to point to the next portfolio post. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/query_posts#All_Posts_in_a_Category